Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Her First Day--I Think

I won't mention the fact that I sat in line for about 40 minutes waiting to pick up my daughter from her first day of school yesterday. Well finally after I got her, she was all smiles!

I said, "How was it Laynie?"--It was great Mom! Did you miss me? I said, "Oh yes--Jones and I both missed you! What did you do at school?" Lots of stuff--I played on the playground three times, made a new friend and Mrs. Turner read "The Kissing Hand." And that was the summary of her day, but after listening to her talk to 6 people on the phone, her conversation with her Daddy at supper and my conversation with her at bath time, I think I finally have a picture of what her first day consisted of.

This is what happened on the first day according to Laynie:
She began her day by playing on the playground with Luke and Avery (friends from Pre-K).
The bell rang and she said, "I thought to myself, I better go get in Mrs. Turner's line!" (Why was I even worried she would get lost?)
They went to her room and sat on the carpet, but no one got to be the special helper yesterday.
They took a tour around the school and her class went to Music.
Mrs. Turner read them books and she really liked "The Kissing Hand."
They got to play during Center Time TWICE!
She got to go in the cafeteria first because she was a "luchboxer"!
She met a new friend named Hannah on the playground.
A really nice older boy pushed her on the swings because she couldn't get going good. (Laynie's words--Wasn't that nice of him, Mom? I think I'll make friends with that older boy tomorrow! Trey's words--I'm gonna find out just who this older boy is! My words--It's already begun! Ha/Ha :-) )
They had nap time--but she didn't sleep, she watched the whole movie.
She had a Popsicle for snack.
She thinks there are 3 girls in her class and too many boys to count!
The class pet is a gerbil; and it's name is Munchkin!

Kindergarten--FUN STUFF!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! I love "The Kissing Hand" We had to the book after Mason's teacher read it to him on his first day of Kinder! Sounds like she is going to have a great year!

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! I love "The Kissing Hand" We had to the book after Mason's teacher read it to him on his first day of Kinder! Sounds like she is going to have a great year!

Leigh Ann said...

oh, I totally forgot to tell you about the kissing hand, it is such a great one. I bought it for Bennett after a recommendation from another teacher friend. Oh, and ask Laynie if that Hannah girl's last name is ahmadai....that's who I know! sweet family and martha, the mom teachers there.

Anonymous said...

Remind me to tell you what Paul Svoboda says about the difference between boys and girls...not appropriate for posting on the Internet!