Friday, June 20, 2008
MARCH Review 2008
Well we began the month and ended it with Thomas the Train! Jones turned 3 on March 1st. Since we live in a bigger area now, I decided to try and find a different place for him to have his birthday party. Well I heard about the Train and Trolley museum in Fort Smith, and they rent out a Dining Car of a REAL TRAIN for parties and you get to ride the trolley too! Let me just say Jones LOVED every minute of it! All I did was bring a few decorations for the inside of the train and a cake! The kids ran around the trains and climbed in them (even though I don't think we were supposed to do that) and then we rode the trolley. If he's still into Thomas, we may even have to go again next year!
We finally got SNOW in the month of March so we drug out all our ski clothes, bundled up and played in the snow. Laynie really wanted to build a snowman, but the first snow just didn't make enough so I made her a tiny one. In a few days it snowed in VB about 3 or 4 inches so her Daddy with Jones' help built her a pretty good size snowman before work one morning. Well at my inlaws it snowed an entire FOOT! They only live about 35 miles south of us, but they got lots more snow--so the kids headed down there for a day of playing in the snow and riding four wheelers. They had a blast!
Well Spring Break finally rolled around and we headed South. The kids went to Crossett for a few days and then we ended up in Heber Springs to visit some of our friends. I figured we would just have a relaxing day in Heber visiting and playing, but Tanya and Roxanne had other plans. We went back to Little Rock for Chuck E. Cheese and the LR Zoo. We had so much fun--as you can tell in the pictures, Laynie loved being with her friends--she misses them ALOT!
Easter was also in March this year. Mona had all the cousins that live in AR over for an Easter party--I don't know how many eggs the guys hid, but there were a bunch. Laynie, Jones, Ronin, and Landon all enjoyed that day tremendously. We got all dressed up for church and hunted eggs after the service on Sunday too.
Well at the end of the month Trey went to the NCAA Sweet 16 tournament in Houston with some guys he played basketball with at OBU. He dropped the kids and I off in Longview at you guessed it Meredith's house. The kids once again had a blast! We went to Pump It Up, Chick-Fil-A, Allie's soccer game, church, and last but NOT least--Mer and I drove the kids to Grapevine, TX for A Day Out with Thomas! Talk about kids everywhere--all four of ours really enjoyed themselves. After leaving Thomas Meredith and I got to go visit with Darrin and Carmela Mechling (only the BEST youth minister and wife in the WORLD :-) ). They have recently moved to TX. Darrin is the Associate Pastor at McArthur Blvd. Baptist Church in Irving, TX. It was so wonderful to visit with them again and let them love on our kids--we love you guys!
If you are actually reading this sentence--you are probably exhausted with the month we had in March, but don't worry April slowed down ALOT! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
Beth Ann,
I don't think I have enjoyed anything as much as I do reading your blog and looking at all your pictures of your beautiful family. There's only one problem - it makes me really, really miss all of you! Sounds like you've really settled in your new home with new friends and a wonderful church. We are very happy for you. Tell Jones and Laynie that Mr. Oak says hello!
Love,
Linda
Linda--Don't know if you will read this, but our kids miss you guys too! I'll be sure and pass along Mr. Oak's message! :-)
Post a Comment