Thursday, June 19, 2008

JANUARY Review 2008

Well since I have a few more spare moments this week. I am going to get you all caught up with what has happened with us over the past few months (mainly so I will have a record of it)! So I will highlight a month at a time for your reading enjoyment--ready, here we go!

JANUARY began and ended with our favorite BIRTHDAYS! Laynie turned 5 on the 1st and Mona let's just say had a birthday on the 31st. Since we had recently moved to VB, Laynie had a smaller party than normal, but she loved it. We decorated Gingerbread houses, played "party games", had cake, cookies, ice cream--whatever her little head came up with we tried to incorporate. I even attempted to make her cake--it tasted better than it looked, but I guess that's really what matters. After the children left, the family all loaded up and took her to Chuck E. Cheese--what was I thinking? Uncle Robert and Aunt Danielle got to stay through her birthday this year, so she got LOTS of tickets at Chuck E. Cheese (Uncle Robert is good at ski ball)! I think I better have enjoyed the smaller party, because she has already asked me if she can invite her ENTIRE T-Ball team to her next party! That girl LOVES a good party!

As I said Mona ended the month with her birthday. We had a little get together at our house for her, but we had to do her party a few days early because we were gone on the first of many ski trips with our friends Faber, Meredith, Allie, and Mary! Boy did we have a BLAST with them!

We drove all the way to Breckenridge, CO to go snow skiing. Trey and I hadn't been in a few years, and we were looking so forward to letting Laynie go to 'ski school,' Jones was a couple of months too young, but he will be ready to tear up the mountain next year (I'm afraid he may be my daredevil). Anyway we stayed in a 3 bedroom slopeside condo with the Whites--fun, fun, fun. Meredith and I brought casseroles with us so we had little cooking to do while we were there. Our week basically consisted of waking up, bundling up, taking the kids to ski school/daycare, skiing a while, lunch break (to warm up), more skiing and then rest time. At night we stayed in the condo, ate supper and watched TV instead of getting us all out at night which was wonderful. Don't feel bad for Mary and Jones that they didn't get to 'ski' because one night (one very, very cold night) we all went tubing even the little ones! Basically you rode a moving carpet to the top of a hill, climbed in your tube and went down--the Dads took care of the little ones! Lots of giggles and screams let us know while the Moms were freezing, the kids were having a BLAST! Our kids also get along great--Laynie and Allie thought they were too cool because they got to stay in their own room! Oh, did I mention that it was freezing cold the entire trip??

No comments: