Monday, September 20, 2010

SOCCER, Baby!

So maybe I'll grow up to be a "Soccer Mom" after all. Jones had his first soccer game this Saturday...we got smoked, we didn't even score a goal, but it was fun watching him run around the field. Now I know quite a bit about most sports simply because I'm a coach's daughter...there was no way around sports at my house growing up, and now that I'm married to a sports enthusiast I'm glad I enjoy sports, but I know NOTHING about soccer! I just found myself cheering (yelling), "Kick It, Kick It, Kick It!" That's about all I knew to say; however, I did hear a few shouting "Turn It<" and I think I figured that phrase out by the end of the game! We are the green team (the jerseys didn't quite make it in time for the first game) and I think our team name is the Little Eagles, but on the schedule we are known as Team D. You can tell a guy must be in charge--no cute jerseys or team names listed! ha/ha On a side note--One of Laynie's friends asked her if she was going to play and her response was too cute! She said matter of factly, "No I'm not playing soccer, I'm focusing on basketball!" Who knew? Guess B-Ball may be her game after all...

1 comment:

Mer said...

Ha...sounds just like her! That Laynie knows just what she wants...always has....and she's usually right...I'd stick with it! Go JONES!