Let me just say I love, love, love singing in the choir. Josh is the BEST--not only does he teach us great, wonderful, awesome songs to sing, but he challenges our heart at each choir rehearsal. His desire is to see us grow spiritually--who knew you could have a worship experience in the middle of the week at choir practice that was so moving? Well it happened to me anyway!
Last night he showed us a video of the Brooklyn Tab choir singing and wanted us to just watch them lead in worship--they were awesome. We heard the song "I Never Lost My Praise". Josh asked us what we thought when we watched them--people had a variety of answers, but my thoughts were why don't we (I) look like that when I'm singing praises to God? I think there are a lot of reasons: I'm afraid others might see me like I'm crazy or something--just putting on a show--I think a lot of it has to do with how I was raised 'in church'--I don't really know what I'm afraid of, but I do know this my fear is slowly melting away. Why do I care what others think of me when I'm worshipping anyway? Worship is truly only about praising Him, God alone.
We are super blessed to be able to freely sing praises to our Lord and Savior, without Him this world would be in a heap of trouble. He has blessed me so much--I think hearing this song just said it best, and it brought tons of emotions flooding to the surface. I know I talk about having cancer a lot, but it was a big deal in my life, and I'm a different person with a different perspective about lots of things since going through it. Some of the lyrics from "I Never Lost My Praise" say:
But in the midst of my struggle, In my season of my pain;
One thing never wavered, one thing never changed;
I never lost my hope, I never lost my joy,
I never lost my faith, but most of all I never lost my praise.
Oh I want to praise HIM with my life!
I wish I was as technologically advanced as Amy is (I guess we were having the same idea this morning) but I'm not, so go to Amy Sullins' blog and you can hear the Brooklyn Tab choir singing this amazing song--go listen and be blessed!
2 comments:
I used to think the same way, and then I began to realize, like you are, that it doesn't matter what other people think. Mark and I are totally opposite in our worship styles. He is very reverent, and that is what works for him and it's okay. At the same time, it doesn't bother him that I am standing right next to him in front of the whole congregation raising my hands. Worship as the Lord leads, Sister. Who cares what everyone else thinks?! He is the only One that matters!
Thanks Dusti--I think I needed to hear that--reverent would be a great way to describe Trey as well once again like Mark! :-)
Post a Comment