
I am a little late posting this story from Sunday afternoon about my sweet little girl. Laynie tells me all the time she wants to have a "party--a free party". Well it took me a little while to figure it out, but she has been to a few homes shows with me--Premier Jewelry, Pampered Chef, my cross parties, etc. and she wants to host a FREE party at our house. I asked her what she wants to have at this party, and she said, "Your crosses Mommy." Now I'm thinking no way--she doesn't understand how much it costs to make, the time, etc. but she's very sure of one thing--she wants it to be free.
So on the way home from church Sunday morning she asked to have a lemonade stand. I said I'm sure we can do that. So we proceeded to make the lemonade, take the table and chairs outside and I told her we needed to make a sign so people would know how much the lemonade costs. She of course said, "Well Mommy it's FREE!" The business woman in me wanted to tell her nothing in life is free, but I didn't have the heart. Well we only had two customers at our first stand (plus Jones & Laynie's 2 cups each), but wouldn't you know for her FREE lemonade she made $2.66!
I'm sure there will be many more FREE Lemonade Stands in our front yard in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment