Sunday, July 13, 2008

FOREVER FRIENDS


Have you ever heard the saying, "If friends were flowers I'd pick you"? Well that's how I feel about Meredith. I would pick her over and over and over again.

I am lucky enough to have known Mer all my life, but we didn't become 'best' friends until a youth group campout one summer--since then we've been pretty inseperable (except for her stay in NY, I never made it up there--sorry)! From cruising Sonic in high school, marring boys with the same last name, having daughters due the exact same day to her driving all the way to LR just to stay with me in the hospital and paint my toes after my cancer diagnosis--she's the BEST!

I have heard that most people you meet are only in your life for a season, but sometimes your lucky enough to have a few friends that last a lifetime, and Meredith is one of those--she's one of my FOREVER FRIENDS. I have no doubt that even with three kids she would be here in a minute if I needed her. She has taught me much, and I am a better person/friend because of her. For those of you reading this that know Mer, you know it's ALL true. I hope that you can one day find a friend like the one I have in her.

So I guess for me Meredith is a Sunflower--bright and cheery and full of life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a good photo of you and Meredith. You are both so beautiful! I'm so glad you had a great trip to Longview.