Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Triathlon

A couple of weeks ago, Laynie completed her first Triathlon...we were super proud of her! She had to swim 50 yards, bike 2 miles, and then run a 1/2 mile! There were about 350 kids ages 6 to 16 competing...talk about a lot bikes in one place!

Laynie was a trooper, 'working out' almost daily to get prepared for the big event, but if you know Laynie you may be shocked that she worked out this hard :-) ...in true Laynie fashion during the week or two before the race, she said, "So you mean to tell me that if I hadn't said I wanted to do a triathlon, I wouldn't have to work out this hard?" I laughed and said, "Well maybe not quite this hard." I could see the wheels spinning and her thinking, "What was I thinking?!?"

We are so proud of our girl!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free slideshow

No comments: