After a year and a half of living in our VB house, everyone thought it was time for a change. You see Jones' room was technically the "Master Bedroom" complete with a huge walk-in closet and a jacuzzi tub in his bathroom, and Laynie just had a regular room with no bathroom. I was just about to deck out Jones' bathroom in an all sports theme when Daddy suggested we switch their rooms so Laynie could have the bathroom. Everyone was super excited for the move as soon as they heard new paint colors were involved. As long as Jones got some red paint on his walls he was fine. Now Laynie that's a whole different story--we went from wanting a hot pink, black and white room to a beachy blue room and seashells?!?
Jones' room is finished with the exception of a new canvas I'm going to have painted for him, but we still have a long ways to go with Laynie's--at least the painting is over. Now I just have to make sure she likes what I put in her room. I'm struggling because she wants it a beachy theme and I just want it to be super cute. I'm afraid she won't like the 'beachy look' for long, but I know she and I can reach a good compromise! Check out the room changes below.
This was Laynie's room when we moved in--it was already this great lime green which matched her stuff perfect! My parents and I made her window treatments (they were my favorite thing in her room). If we go beachy, we can't use them! I also have a special place in my heart for her flowers paintings--they were painted by an awesome girl, Catherine, in our youth group back in Heber as a nursery present--those will definitely stay somewhere!!!

Jones loves his new room, like I said with a little red paint, he would be happy anywhere!
As you can tell, Jones' room didn't change that much. We just moved to a smaller room, got rid of a few toys, painted the walls, and added a basketball goal. We'll see if the B-ball goal was a smart decision or not as soon as we have some little boys over to play!
Laynie's room is only painted, but I did find some new, cute bedding at Wal-Mart--who knew you could get cute stuff there? Her hot pink stuff still works with her new wall colors so now we just have to decide how to accessorize! I must say I am pretty happy that I single handedly (is that a word) painted my kids rooms top to bottom. Part Two of "Room Swap" will be much later down the road when her suite is complete! :-)
1 comment:
Both of the rooms are so fun! Great job painting! I look forward to seeing how the beach theme works out.
Post a Comment